Friday, October 13, 2006

Hillsong Australia - Forever (2003)

Artist: Hillsong Australia
Album: Forever
Format: Audio CD
Bitrate: 192 kbps

Track Listing:
01. Carry Me
02. Forever
03. You Are My World
04. You Are Near
05. Irresistible
06. It Is You
07. Song Of Love
08. You Are Holy
09. Come To Me
10. Agnes Dei

Album review

Hillsong favourites including "You Are My World," "Irresistible" and the title track "Forever", all in an instrumental format. I found it pleasant enough, but not compelling listening. I think I may have benefited more from it if the song lyrics had been printed on the sleeve, instead of it being filled with advertisements for various Hillsongs products and events. As it was, I was alternatively trying to remember the words to the ones I knew, and wondering when the tune was going to start on the others. As for the musical style, my wife walked in during my first play through and kept expecting one of the tunes to turn into a Dire Straits number! It's OK I suppose, if you are a Hillsongs (or Dire Straits) fan, but there are more creative and original instrumental albums out there.

Review from Crossrhythms.co.uk

No comments: